Templeton Founder's Day Celebration - Nov. 2
Founder's Day Celebration
Founder’s Day 2014
On Sunday, November 3rd, our community once again gathered to commemorates the anniversary of the arrival of the first passengers off the train in 1886, as well as our region’s rich heritage in agriculture. The Templeton Chamber, along with our friends of the Templeton Historical Museum Society hosted this year’s Founder’s Day event. The Templeton Museum served as the center of activity on a crystal clear Fall day.
Members of the Historical Society and the Hospitality Crew of the Templeton 4-H Club served a free slice of pie as part of the Old Fashion Pie Social at the Museum.The live entertainment was provided by Steve Nino Band, who filled the air with some great sounds. They were preceded with a number of energetic performances by the dancers of Main Street Dance.
Main Street itself was filled with crafters selling their wares just in time for the Holidays. Just as they were 100 years ago, Model T’s were parked in front of Hewitt’s Hardware, while Templeton Feed & Grain served as the perfect backdrop for a display of vintage hit-n-miss engines Tommy Jermin called his friends from the Central Coast Vintage Machinery Association/ Branch #27 who brought their vintage hit-n-miss engines to show the curious crowds.
As always, it is only with the participation of our business community that the Chamber is able to have such community events and we greatly appreciate the contribution of these businesses. – Adelaide Floral, American Marborg, Blueprinters, Chesebrough Farms, Howard Signery, MidState Waste, Quinn Rentals, Rossi Transport, SLO Sheriff’s Volunteers, Soaring Eagle Press, Templeton Feed & Grain and Viborg Sand & Gravel. Thank you for your donations of time and supplies that greatly helped offset the costs of this event!
We are already making plans for Founder’s Day 2014 with more activities, entertainment and expanded promotion in the works…. Please visit this page again in the coming months for more details!
- Advertising & Media
- Arts, Culture & Entertainment
- Automotive, Aviation & Marine
- Business & Professional Services
- Computers, IT & Technology
- Family, Community & Non-Profit
- Finance & Insurance
- Government & Education
- Health Care / Medical Services
- Home Improvement & Garden
- Lodging, Travel & Tourism
- Personal Services & Care
- Pets & Veterinarian
- Public Utilities & Environment
- Real Estate & Construction
- Religious Organizations
- Restaurants, Food & Beverage
- Shopping & Specialty Retail
- Sports & Recreation
- Wedding / Event Planning
- Earth Day Food and Wine Festival - April 12
- Concerts in the Park
- Taste of Templeton - May 3
- Installation Gala Dinner - July 12
- Templeton Independence Day Parade and Pancake Breakfast-July 4
- Meet Your Merchants Business Expo-Sep. 11
- 13th Annual Wine & Roses Bike Ride - Oct 11
- Founder's Day Celebration - Nov. 2
- Contact Us