The Templeton Chamber of Commerce promotes economic vitality, improves quality of life and encourages cooperation within our community.
The original Templeton Board of Trade was formed in 1913 to promote trade and commerce, for the promotion of work, and for advertising to encourage growth in the community.
In May of 1979, a town meeting was held to determine whether or not to revitalize the Board of Trade. It was overwhelmingly accepted and a new organization known as the Templeton Chamber of Commerce – Board of Trade was formed. This was in keeping with the original historical name, but also realizing the need to be a member of a nationally recognized organization such as the Chamber of Commerce.
The organization consists of local businesses, professionals and individual members who are committed to promoting economic vitality, improving quality of life and encouraging cooperation within our community.